SURVEY: how COVID-19 may be affecting your business
As an effort to capture how COVID-19 may be affecting your business today and in the long run the Greater Saskatoon Chamber of Commerce released a survey to our membership from March 17 to March 23, 2020. A total of 409 responses were collected. These responses demonstrate the sector-wide spread that this virus is having on our local business community and the need for continued rapid and coordinated action from all levels of government.
- The majority of respondents at 64% were from small businesses with 10 or fewer FTE, which is representative of the Saskatoon business landscape
- 92% of respondents stated that they are being impacted by COVID-19
- When asked what impacts respondents foresee impacting their business in the long run 87% of respondents selected decreased revenue followed by 50% stating staff layoffs and 45% quoting a heightened public fear causing the public to avoid our location or services
- 55% of respondents were unsure if they were going to take advantage of any of the current government programming available.
- When asked what the government can do to support your business during this time 68% stated providing resources for employees that will get laid off followed by 60% stating both eliminate tax remittance penalties and work with banks to offer zero interest loans of lines of credit. Since this survey was released we have seen more government resources become available click here for a full list of the federal resources.
For the full survey break down, Click here: 2020_Survey Data